Bexly - New Owner's Guide
Congratulations on your BEXLY purchase. Here are some suggestions, to get the most out of your ride.
Applies to Bexly 8, 9 & 10
Applies to Bexly 10X, Blackhawk & Blackhawk PRO
- Register for warranty with YOUR reseller [LINK for EcoMotion (Melbourne, Australia) customers only].
- ROAD LAWS - Be aware of the road laws relating to electric scooters in Melbourne [LINK].
- 45psi tyre pressure is recommended. Check your tyre pressure regularly - ideally, before each ride. Use a pump with a pressure gauge. Ride comfort, grip/safety, puncture avoidance and durability of your tyres are all enhanced by maintaining proper tyre pressure.
- Follow EcoMotion on:
- Facebook - EcoMotion Electric Scooters.
RIDE SAFE. Always wear a helmet. We recommend a full-face helmet, protective gloves, especially for longer or faster rides. Wear bright/reflective clothing and a red flashing light on the rear of your helmet or backpack. Consider wearing additional motorbike rider protection (eg. leather jacket, kevlar jeans, knee pads etc). If you are riding at night, we also recommend you attach an additional front light, mounted high on the handlebars.
SEE and BE SEEN. Dress for the slide, not the ride.
Ride in a manner which is safe and respectful of other road (and footpath) users.
BEXLY 9 & BEXLY 10 - Underdeck & Stem Lighting
- To activate the underdeck and stem lighting, Hold down the [MODE] button for 2 seconds.
Bexly LCD SettingsTo access the Scooter's P-Settings:
- Simultaneously hold both power and mode buttons for 3-4 seconds.
- Press the power button to cycle through the setting.
- Press the mode button to change a setting.
- Cycle to the next P setting by pressing the power button.
- P1: LCD Brightness: Set to 3 for brightest. The drain on the battery is minimal.
- P2: Mileage display in Miles or Kilometers
- P3: Voltage:
- 48(V) - BEXLY 8/9
- 52(V) - BEXLY 10, 10X & Blackhawk.
- 60(V) - Blackhawk PRO
- P4: Dormancy time: Recommend setting at 10 minutes so it does not turn off at traffic lights.
- P5: Unused
- P6: Wheel diameter in inches
- P7: # of magnets on motor: set to 28 - DO NOT ADJUST
- P8: Power Level (%): Set to "100", which provides 100% of the available power to the rider, You may choose to set at a lower level to limit the % of power.
P9: Zero start: Push/Kick Start or Zero start.
Set to 0 for zero start, set to 1 for kick-start.
We STRONGLY recommend setting to 1, so that the scooter does not lurch forward if the throttle is accidentally touched/activated. You simply need to give the push/kick to give the scooter momentum, before the throttle will engage.
- P10: unused.
- P11: Electronic Braking level. 1-5 but I recommend 3 or 4.
- P12: Acceleration/Torque: 1 is soft start; 5 is high torque start. Set as desired.
- P13: unused
- P14: unused
- P15: Controller cutoff voltage
- P16: Zero-ing of the Odometer
P17: Cruise control: set to 0 for OFF (beginners). Set to 1 for ON (advanced riders only).
When Cruise control is switched on, it will automatically start when the rider maintains a constant speed for 5 seconds. Cruise Control is will turn off when the break or throttle is activated.
Cruise control can be dangerous if you are not an experienced rider.
- P18 – P20: unused