EMOVE CRUISER Electric Scooter - New Owners Guide
Congratulations on your purchase of the sensational EMOVE Cruiser, the most complete and best electric scooter on the market. Here are some suggestions to get the most out of your ride:
- DO NOT JUMP YOUR SCOOTER. Keep two wheels on the ground at all times. Jumping your scooter may cause serious damage, which is NOT covered under warranty.
- Register for warranty with your reseller [LINK for EcoMotion (Melbourne, Australia) customers only].
- Subscribe to VORO MOTORS on YouTube.
Browse the video subjects which cover all aspects, from unboxing, and general introductions, to troubleshooting, brake tuning & replacing components.
We recommend you watch these tutorials before your first ride:
- Cruiser Quick Setup Guide (1:53) [LINK]
- LCD Display – P0 to P9 Menu (9:10) [LINK] – Written “P Menu” guide HERE.
- Brake Tuning & Maintenance (9:28) [LINK] – Written Maintenance Guide HERE
- How and Why to Bed in Disc Brakes (3:33) [LINK]
- MAINTENANCE: Browse and bookmark Voro Motors' Cruiser Self-Help & Repair Tutorials HERE. You should regularly check the tightness of screws, bolts and nuts, especially those around the suspension and the folding mechanism.
- Loctite/Locking Pin Screws - Before delivering your Cruiser, EcoMotion used to add Loctite (blue) to the 3 screws on either side of the locking pin on the folding mechanism, as these tend to vibrate and can become loose over time. Since late 2021, we are happy to report that loctite is now applied to these screws at the factory. We recommend visually checking these screws regularly, and to use Loctite (blue) again if you ever need to adjust or replace these screws. EcoMotion customers will be supplied with a few spares of these screws + spring washer + flat washer sets.
- ROAD LAWS - Be aware of the road laws relating to electric scooters in your State. See current status for Melbourne via this [LINK].
- 45psi tyre pressure is recommended for the tubeless pneumatic tyres. Check your tyre pressure regularly - ideally, before each ride. Use a pump with a pressure gauge. Ride comfort, grip/safety, puncture avoidance and durability of your tyres are all enhanced by maintaining proper tyre pressure. If you find you're losing pressure from your tyre, when you hit bumps (or sometimes even squeeze the tyre), it's most likely due to under-inflated tyres.
- Join EMOVE Owners Club Facebook group for useful tips & info from other EMOVE owners.
- Follow EcoMotion on:
Facebook - EcoMotion Electric Scooters.
RIDE SAFE. Always wear a helmet. We recommend a full-face helmet, protective gloves, especially for longer or faster rides. Wear bright/reflective clothing and a red flashing light on the rear of your helmet or backpack. Consider wearing additional motorbike rider protection (eg. leather jacket, kevlar jeans, knee pads etc). If you are riding at night, we also recommend you attach an additional front light, mounted high on the handlebars.
SEE and BE SEEN. Dress for the slide, not the ride.
Ride in a manner which is safe and respectful of other road (and footpath) users.
- Do NOT keep your key in the voltmeter/ignition when storing or transporting your scooter. You can easily bend the key and damage the barrel of the lock, which is NOT covered under warranty.
Quick Reference Guide
Voltmeter - (52V EMOVE Cruiser)
- 58.8 Volts = 100% battery
- 50.4 Volts = 50% battery
- 46.2 Volts = 25% battery
- 45.4 Volts = 20% battery
- 43.0 Volts = Low Voltage Protection
- Hold down [Power] & [Mode] button at same time
- [Mode] to increase, [Power] to decrease)
P0 - Wheel Size (inches)
Cruiser = 10* (*for Twist and Thumb Throttle upgrades, set P0 to between 11 and 11.5).
Touring = 8
P1 - Low Voltage Protection
Cruiser - Low Voltage Protection - 430 reads as 43.0
Touring - Low Voltage Protection - 415 reads as 41.5
P2 - Minimum Wattage
Leave at 15
P3 - Speedometer
Locked at 1
P4 - Metric/Imperial
0 = Kilometres
1 = Miles
P5 - Start Mode
1 = Kick start
0 = Throttle Start
P6 - Cruise Control (Turns on after 7 seconds)
1 = ON
0 = Off
*We recommend you TURN OFF CRUISE CONTROL when using the TWIST THROTTLE, especially when getting used to it.
P7 - Pickup Speed
0 = Hard Acceleration
1 = Softer Acceleration
P8 - Max Speed (As %)
100 = Max Speed
70 = 30% off top speed
P9 - Strength of Electric Brake
2 = Hard
1 = Medium
0 = Off
* The twist throttle upgrade is manufactured by a third party, and the current software does not provide an accurate correlation between the wheel size and the actual speed of the scooter. The suggested settings (above) provide a more accurate reading on your speedometer. Changing the wheel size in the P-settings (P0) does not have any other impact on the scooter's actual speed or performance.